Vastu for Kitchen: Source of Energy. The kitchen is an integral part of any Indian household-the source of our day-long energy. Every single appliance that finds pride of place in your kitchen is important, and if it is placed according to the principles of Vastu, can ensure that positivity prevails.
Vastu expert Ashna Ddhannak, holistic life coach at Enlightening Lifestyle, believes that the kitchen is the best place to attain better health and improve motivation.
1. According to Vastu Shastra and vastu for kitchen : Source of energy, the Lord of Fire-Agni prevails in the southeast direction of the home, which means that the ideal placement of the kitchen is the southeast direction of your home. If for any reason, you are unable to do so, the north-west direction will work. However, ensure that the kitchen is never constructed in the north, north-east or south west directions of the home as it will drastically ruin relationships between family members.
2. All the objects inside the kitchen represent fire, so gas stoves, cylinders, microwave ovens, toasters, among other appliances should be placed in the south-east part of the kitchen. Also, these items should be placed in a manner which will compel a person to face the east while cooking. This will ensure positive energy, says Ddhannak.
3. According to Vastu Shastra, the washbasins and cooking range, which include the gas cylinder and oven, should never be kept on the same platform or parallel to each other in the kitchen, as both fire and water are opposing elements, thereby causing a negative impact on a person’s behaviour. It can create unintentional fights between couples and family members.
4. Wash basins, the washing machine, water pipes, and the kitchen drain should be in the north or northeast direction inside the kitchen. However, an overhead tanker in the kitchen must never face the north or north east direction. According to Ddhannak, the water tanker should be placed outside the kitchen in the western part of the house. It is important to keep a balance between the fire and water elements. If a balance is maintained with respect to water, you will prosper in terms of wealth and health.
5. The refrigerator should be positioned in the south-west direction to help you overcome obstacles in life. It will also ensure a peaceful kitchen environment.
6. Storage of grains and other stock should be in the south-west direction of the kitchen as it invites good luck and prosperity.